Don't let the name fool you—this dish guarantees "million-dollar taste" with just a few ingredients!—Mila Abner, Vada, Kentucky
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Season with pepper and garlic powder. Layer the beef, potatoes and onion slices in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Combine soup and milk; pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Poor Man's Dinner in Country Ground Beef 1993, p42
Reviews for Poor Man's Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review