- 1 unsliced loaf (12 ounces) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/3 cup pickled sweet pepper rings
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, parsley, garlic and red pepper flakes. Spread on every other slice. Place tomatoes, mozzarella, salami and pepper rings between the buttered slices. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Poor Boy Loaf in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p66
Reviews for Poor Boy Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2015
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2011
"Our family loves this easy to make sandwich."