Poor Boy Loaf Recipe
- 1 unsliced loaf (12 ounces) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/3 cup pickled sweet pepper rings
- 1. Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, parsley, garlic and red pepper flakes. Spread on every other slice. Place tomatoes, mozzarella, salami and pepper rings between the buttered slices. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 316 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Poor Boy Loaf
"Our family loves this easy to make sandwich."