Pomegranate Spinach Salad Recipe
Whenever I take this salad to an event, people always ask for the recipe. It's perfect for the holidays.—Sheila Saunders, Pleasant Grove, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, almonds and pomegranate seeds. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 149 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC