- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into six wedges
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup cubed avocado
- For salsa, in a serving bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds, pear, onion, jalapeno and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, basil, salt and ginger. Drizzle over pomegranate mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with a double thickness of paper towel; place a wire rack in pan. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry tortilla wedges, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place chips on wire rack; sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Just before serving, gently stir avocado into salsa. Serve with chips. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pomegranate Salsa with Homemade Chips in Fresh Home Winter 2011, p96
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Pomegranate Salsa with Homemade Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review