- cayenne and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Return pork to the pan and heat through. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 374 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now