Pomegranate Poached Pears Recipe
- 3 cups dry red wine or red grape juice
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) pomegranate juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs (4 inches)
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 6 medium pears
- 6 orange slices
- 6 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Core pears from the bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears; place on their sides in the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until pears are almost tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool.
- 2. Strain poaching liquid and return to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 cup, about 45 minutes. Discard rosemary and cinnamon. Place an orange slice on each serving plate; top with 1 tablespoon cheese and a pear. Drizzle with poaching liquid. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 443 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Pomegranate Poached Pears
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.