Pomegranate Orange Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3-1/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut oranges in half; transfer to a large bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, cilantro, jalapenos and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 37 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.