Pomegranate Orange Salsa
Pomegranates give this salsa a wonderful sweet-tart flavor. About 4 to 5 medium fruits will yield enough for this recipe. —Nancee Maynard, Box Elder, South Dakota
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3-1/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut oranges in half;
- transfer to a large bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, cilantro,
- jalapenos and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 37 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.