"For as long as I can remember, my mom has been making this pomegranate jelly and sending us all home with a few jars." To make this jelly even more tangy, substitute cranberry juice for pomegranate juice. —Tatiana Kushnir, Montara, California
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 5 min.
- 3-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine pomegranate juice and pectin. Bring to a
- full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in
- sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Pour hot liquid into hot
- sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and
- adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield:
- 6 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.