Pomegranate Jelly Recipe
"For as long as I can remember, my mom has been making this pomegranate jelly and sending us all home with a few jars." To make this jelly even more tangy, substitute cranberry juice for pomegranate juice. —Tatiana Kushnir, Montara, California
- 3-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine pomegranate juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot liquid into six hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
2 tablespoons equals 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC