- 3-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine pomegranate juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot liquid into six hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Originally published as Pomegranate Jelly in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p68
Reviews for Pomegranate Jelly
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2010
"We have made this jelly two times and don't have much left. We keep sharing it with friends and they can't get enough. We have a rule that you must return the empty jar to get more jelly since the jar is the most expensive part of this recipe!"