Pomegranate Jelly Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine pomegranate juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot liquid into six hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Reviews for Pomegranate Jelly
Sort By :
"We make a batch of this each year. It has a nice blend of sweet and tart and is pretty in the jar, too! It is great on toast or muffins, but equally good as a condiment with pork or chicken."
"We have made this jelly two times and don't have much left. We keep sharing it with friends and they can't get enough. We have a rule that you must return the empty jar to get more jelly since the jar is the most expensive part of this recipe!"