Pomegranate Jelly Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine pomegranate juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot liquid into six hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Reviews for Pomegranate Jelly
Sort By :
"Quick and easy recipe. Great taste too! I got 7 half-pints out of it. I splurged and bought the real 10$ a bottle pomegranate juice instead of a mixed Welch's juice and I'm glad I did."
"We have made this jelly two times and don't have much left. We keep sharing it with friends and they can't get enough. We have a rule that you must return the empty jar to get more jelly since the jar is the most expensive part of this recipe!"
"This jelly is SO awesome! The recipe worked perfectly other than I got almost 7 half-pint jars - which is good because I know this jelly will go fast around our house. Very easy and very little mess to clean up. Looks like you slaved for hours but really it's pretty simple. Love it. :-)"