Pomegranate-Glazed Turkey Meatballs
A splash of pomegranate juice turns ordinary meatballs into something extraordinary. I love the sweet lightness of the glaze combined with the ground turkey, herbs and spices.
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt,
- paprika, pepper and garlic salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Divide between two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 165° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine 3 cups pomegranate juice and
- sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining juice; stir into skillet. Cook and