Pomegranate-Glazed Turkey Meatballs Recipe
A splash of pomegranate juice turns ordinary meatballs into something extraordinary. I love the sweet lightness of the glaze combined with the ground turkey, herbs and spices. —Danielle D'Ambrosio, Brighton, Massachusetts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, paprika, pepper and garlic salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Divide between two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine 3 cups pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Combine cornstarch and remaining juice; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 4. Gently stir in meatballs and heat through. Serve in a slow cooker or chafing dish. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC