A splash of pomegranate juice turns ordinary meatballs into something extraordinary. I love the sweet lightness of the glaze combined with the ground turkey, herbs and spices. —Danielle D'Ambrosio, Brighton, Massachusetts
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, paprika, pepper and garlic salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Divide between two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine 3 cups pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Combine cornstarch and remaining juice; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Gently stir in meatballs and heat through. Serve in a slow cooker or chafing dish. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Pomegranate-Glazed Turkey Meatballs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p9
Reviews for Pomegranate-Glazed Turkey Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
"I love meatballs and these were great to serve as an appetizer. The pomegranate juice gave them a distinctive flavor. My guests enjoyed them and I will make them again."