Pomegranate Gelatin Recipe
As a former home economics teacher, I like to surprise family and friends with recipes that are a little more special. This salad combines sweet and tart tastes. —Deidre Hobbs, Redding, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water, pomegranate seeds and pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. Combine sour cream and mayonnaise; spread over gelatin. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC