As a former home economics teacher, I like to surprise family and friends with recipes that are a little more special. This salad combines sweet and tart tastes. —Deidre Hobbs, Redding, California
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water, pomegranate seeds and pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Combine sour cream and mayonnaise; spread over gelatin. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pomegranate Gelatin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p128
Reviews for Pomegranate Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2011
"we loved this recipe. i didn't use the topping, i used a cream cheese frosting instead. yummy."
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2008
" Your recipe sounds wonderful! I love the tart tang of pomegranate juice! Thanks for posting.Lorraine "