Pomegranate Fluff Salad Recipe
My sister-in-law brought this salad to Thanksgiving one year and we all loved it. It's a fun way to introduce folks to pomegranate.—Jennie Richards, Riverton, Utah
- 5 cups pomegranate seeds (about 3 large pomegranates)
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Gently fold into fruit mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 26 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 178 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC