I was inspired to develop this recipe one evening when I was making my usual cranberry relish and my husband was eating a pomegranate. It's so tasty when served alongside chicken or turkey.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and orange peel. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pomegranate Cranberry Relish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p114
Reviews for Pomegranate Cranberry Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review