Pomegranate Cranberry Relish Recipe
I was inspired to develop this recipe one evening when I was making my usual cranberry relish and my husband was eating a pomegranate. It's so tasty when served alongside chicken or turkey.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and orange peel. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC