Pomegranate Cranberry Relish
I was inspired to develop this recipe one evening when I was making my usual cranberry relish and my husband was eating a pomegranate. It's so tasty when served alongside chicken or turkey.
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, sugar and
- honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until
- berries pop and mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds;
- cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and orange peel. Serve warm or
- chilled. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.