Pomegranate Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and orange peel. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 144 calories, 4g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Pomegranate Cranberry Relish
"We love pomegranates and cranberries, and were excited to find a recipe that combines both. I have made this cranberry relish for several years, and is now the only recipie I will use. We have two pomegranate trees, and I make this all season until we run out of pomegranates. It goes with everything!"
"When I first made this relish, it was so good that I vowed never to buy canned cranberry sauce again! I could hardly wait for cranberries and pomegranates to come back in season so I could make some more."