- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and orange peel. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Pomegranate Cranberry Relish
"We love pomegranates and cranberries, and were excited to find a recipe that combines both. I have made this cranberry relish for several years, and is now the only recipie I will use. We have two pomegranate trees, and I make this all season until we run out of pomegranates. It goes with everything!"
"When I first made this relish, it was so good that I vowed never to buy canned cranberry sauce again! I could hardly wait for cranberries and pomegranates to come back in season so I could make some more."