A friend shared the recipe for this fresh tomato mixture that’s full of garlicky goodness. It can be used like bruschetta--to top slices of Italian or French bread. Or toss it with pasta or serve with grilled or roasted poultry, fish or pork.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced French bread, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, salt and
- pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Serve as topping on French bread if desired or as a sauce. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 54 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.