A friend shared the recipe for this fresh tomato mixture that’s full of garlicky goodness. It can be used like bruschetta--to top slices of Italian or French bread. Or toss it with pasta or serve with grilled or roasted poultry, fish or pork.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced French bread, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Serve as topping on French bread if desired or as a sauce. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Pomadoro Sauce in Country Woman July/August 2005, p35
Reviews for Pomadoro Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2009
"Sounds great! Can't wait to try it this summer when I have lots of tomatoes and basil."