Pom-Pom Potato Salad Recipe
Home-team fans are sure to relish this tasty potato salad that scored high on compliments at our football supper. It's a great accompaniment for a sandwich and would be popular at a pregame tailgate party or other casual sports gathering, too. —Sister Judith LaBrozzi Canton, Ohio
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup sweet pickle or zucchini relish
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Additional hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut eggs in half and remove yolks. Chop the whites; add to potato mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash the yolks; stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard. Pour over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg wedges. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC