Polynesian Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Chopped unsalted peanuts, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, preserves and reserved pineapple juice; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add pineapple; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with rice. Just before serving, sprinkle each serving with peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Polynesian Stir-Fry(11)
Sort By :
This looked & smell good, but did not have much flavor at all. Too many steps for an o.k. meal. Disappointing.
I felt it needed more sauce, so I think I'll double the amount of sauce next time. Used regular soy sauce and preserves and cashews in place of peanuts. This is not only quick & easy but delicious!
My family always enjoys this quick and easy to prepare dish. I only make a few changes to the original recipe. As another reviewer stated, I also use half the amount of meat. I also add a couple of cloves of chopped garlic while sautÃ©ing the veggies and sprinkle on some crushed red pepper flakes before serving.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >