Polynesian Shrimp Salad
Add more curry if you would like a spicier flavor for this salad.
-Jean Pare`, Vermilion, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, water chestnuts, bean
- sprouts and onions. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, curry
- powder and salt; mix well. Stir into shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.