Polynesian Sausage Kabobs for 2 Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 8 cubes fresh pineapple chunks (1-inch)
- 12 cubes cantaloupe (1-inch)
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside half of the marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, pineapple, cantaloupe and green pepper.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until sausage is browned, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Yield: 4 kabobs.
2 kabobs (prepared with smoked turkey kielbasa) equals 305 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 2,119 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.