Polynesian Sausage Kabobs for 2 Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 8 cubes fresh pineapple chunks (1-inch)
- 12 cubes cantaloupe (1-inch)
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside half of the marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, pineapple, cantaloupe and green pepper.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until sausage is browned, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Yield: 4 kabobs.
Originally published as Polynesian Sausage Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p44
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Polynesian Sausage Kabobs for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review