Polynesian Roast Beef Recipe
“This easy and delicious recipe came from my sister and has been a family favorite for years,” says Annette Mosbarger in Falcon, Colorado. Pineapple and peppers add color and taste.
- 1 beef top round roast (3-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1. Cut roast in half; brush with browning sauce if desired. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; rub over meat. Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with roast.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; whisk in the broth, soy sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 3. Add pineapple and green pepper. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 10-11 servings.
Reviews for Polynesian Roast Beef
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC