- 1 beef top round roast (3-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- Cut roast in half; brush with browning sauce if desired. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; rub over meat. Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with roast.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; whisk in the broth, soy sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add pineapple and green pepper. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 10-11 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Polynesian Roast Beef
"'Cause i'm allergic i substitute the pineapples for mandarin oranges it was amazing i make it every chance i get"
"We liked this recipe at our home. We did omit the green peppers and I used chunked pineapple and like that a bit more so everyone could have the pineapple. It looked just as good on the serving plate as well."
"We like the taste of the beef. I forgot the peppers but it was good anyway. Nice to a recipe on hand to mix this up a bit."
"I think I sliced the onions a little too thin because they just sort of dissolved into the juices and I omitted the peppers because none of us like them...but this was delicious!"
"Well I'm not one to modify recipes but I did this with a pork tenderloin instead of beef and it's was awesome. Will try it with beef in the future.Thank YOU!!!"