Polynesian Ribs Recipe
A friend shared this recipe more than 30 years ago, and I've been using it ever since. I make the ribs a day ahead and let the flavors meld, then I reheat and serve them the next day.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup undrained canned crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, celery salt and ginger. Combine the pineapple, water onion, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel and hot pepper sauce. Gradually stir into brown sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Brush ribs with sauce. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting with sauce several times. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 pound: 936 calories, 48g fat (18g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 1547mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 1g fiber), 49g protein.
Reviews for Polynesian Ribs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC