- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup undrained canned crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, celery salt and ginger. Combine the pineapple, water onion, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel and hot pepper sauce. Gradually stir into brown sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Brush ribs with sauce. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting with sauce several times. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Polynesian Ribs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p198
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Polynesian Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review