Polynesian Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Rub 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the water, pineapple, tomato paste, brown sugar, onion, green pepper, vinegar, ginger and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1-1/4 cups sauce; set aside.
- Pour remaining sauce over roast. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Polynesian Pork Loin(2)
Sort By :
This was so yummy I can't wait to make it again next time for guests :) I used Mrs.Dash to season the pork thus decreasing the sodium. I posted the pic of mine on facebook and had multiple offers of self invites for dinner :)
This is a really tasty recipe. I followed the recipe ingredients exactly, except I didn't add the green pepper. I had a 4.5 lb pork loin, and found that it was PERFECTLY DONE (170 degree internal temp) after roasting for a total of two hours. If I had roasted it as long as the recipe called for, it certainly would have dried out. I will surely make this again for my family.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >