- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the milk, onion, saltines and seasoned salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in small batches, turning often. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Drain skillet.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice mixture, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the pineapple; heat through. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Polynesian Meatballs(3)
Sort By :
Very tasty. Was a hit with my husband who can be very picky.
I like to try different recipes all the time, but keep coming back to this one when I want a great meatball dish. It's quite sweet, and particularly good when you get some crunchy bits with the meatballs. Goes over well with young and old in our house. Definitely worth trying!
The sauce is not too sweet or too sour. It's perfect. This recipe just has a a home -cooked taste to it. It's refreshing to see a sweet and sour type recipe without the raw peppers and onions. I thinned the sauce down a little with water and served it as an entree over rice. The recipe calls for 2/3 c. crushed saltines. This is is the same as 20 crackers, crushed.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >