- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (14 ounces) breakfast turkey sausage links, cut in half
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Thread the sausages, water chestnuts, pineapple and red pepper alternately onto 14 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, nutmeg, pepper and reserved pineapple juice.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the sausages are browned, basting occasionally with marinade. Yield: 14 kabobs
Reviews for Polynesian Kabobs
"Thanks for reminding me to use my skewers! I have long metal ones. I didn't have the turkey sausage links so used Octoberfest sausage cut in inch and a half peices and I added whole mushrooms. Yummy! Am going to do this again with New Zealand Spring Lamb sausage pieces and will add more colour with orange, yellow and green pepper chunks - especially when we have company. Thanks for the recipe! P.S. My husband always loves to drink the drained pineapple juice (his favourite) when a recipe doesn't need it..."