Polynesian Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 12 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich: 297 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Polynesian Ham Sandwiches
"Ham and pineapple is one of my favorite combinations and this is absolutely delicious. I left out the Dijon, simply because I don't like Dijon mustard and, instead of minced onion, I used sliced fresh sweet onion. Also, rather than putting the mixture onto buns, I put it into pita pockets. The pita bread held onto the ingredients very nicely. I'm always on the lookout for new sandwich ideas and I'm so glad I ran across this one. Thanks!"
"This would be a good recipe to make for a special occasion once or twice a year. I switched up red peppers for the green peppers. I didn't have Dijon mustard so I used 3 tablespoons of yellow mustard and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce in place of it."