Polynesian Ham Sandwiches
The sweetness of the brown sugar and pineapple combined with the tanginess of the Dijon mustard are a perfect match in this tasty sandwich filling.Jackie A. Smulski, Lyons, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 12 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Using a
- slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 297 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.