- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 12 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Polynesian Ham Sandwiches
"This would be a good recipe to make for a special occasion once or twice a year. I switched up red peppers for the green peppers. I didn't have Dijon mustard so I used 3 tablespoons of yellow mustard and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce in place of it."