Polynesian Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 20 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. in a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches; drain. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring orange juice, pineapple juice and ginger to a boil. Pour over chicken. top with pineapple, oranges and almonds.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.