Seasoned with ginger, almonds and colorful fruit, this chicken is a special main dish for a crowd. I dreamed up this economical recipe one day when chicken thighs were on sale. I served it to guests and they loved it.—Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
Featured In: 28 Favorite Lunch Box Ideas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 20 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. in a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches; drain. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large saucepan, bring orange juice, pineapple juice and ginger to a boil. Pour over chicken. top with pineapple, oranges and almonds.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Polynesian Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p46
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Polynesian Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review