Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew) Recipe
Featuring a pretty golden-red color and comforting flavor, this chicken stew will be a welcome entree at any celebration. It's perfect for pairing with red beans and rice.
- 1/2 cup Sofrito (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 envelope Goya Sazon with coriander and annatto
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Stir in the potatoes, water and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add additional water if necessary. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew) in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p100
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew)(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review