Polka-Dot Cookies Recipe
"While living in Florida, I found this cookie recipe in a book on cooking with oranges," writes Mary Ann Rafalski of North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, concentrate and orange peel. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Combine all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe polka dots on cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Polka-Dot Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC