Polka-Dot Cookie Bars
"To serve a group, these lightly sweet bars are a lot easier to make than fussing with individual cookies," says Elizabeth Poire, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. "They're my favorite to prepare and eat."
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips,divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- extract. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture. Set aside 1/4 cup chips; stir remaining
- chips into batter.
- Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- reserved chips. Bake at 375° for 18-23 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire
- rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium,