Polka-Dot Cookie Bars Recipe
"To serve a group, these lightly sweet bars are a lot easier to make than fussing with individual cookies," says Elizabeth Poire, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. "They're my favorite to prepare and eat."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips,divided
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Set aside 1/4 cup chips; stir remaining chips into batter.
- 2. Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved chips. Bake at 375° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC