Victoria Zmarzley-Hahn of Northampton, Pennsylvania shares a bit of her heritage in this hearty layering of sliced potatoes, cabbage, onion, Polish sausage and white sauce. "I love any dish with cabbage and kielbasa," she says.
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups sliced potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; set aside. For white sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer a third of the potatoes, cabbage, onion, sausage and white sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Polish-Style Sausage 'N' Potatoes in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p51
Reviews for Polish-Style Sausage 'N' Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review