- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups sliced potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; set aside. For white sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer a third of the potatoes, cabbage, onion, sausage and white sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Polish-Style Sausage 'N' Potatoes
Sort By :
"very bland with recipe as written. next time I will add some horseradish or spicy mustard. (we added the horseradish after and that made it very good) Prep is more then 10 mins, more like 20 or 30 due to white sauce"
"Great with extra cabbage too!"