Polish Sausage Soup Recipe
I had this recipe in my files for years before I tried it. Now this soup appears on my menus often. It's a quick and hearty meal that warms up after doing farm chores.—Kristie Franklin, Powell, Wyoming
- 1/2 pound smoked Polish sausage, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large saucepan brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,305 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC