Polish Sausage Patties
I like to prepare these patties when I'm serving a special breakfast for family or friends. They're quite easy to make, and everyone enjoys the down-home flavor in each bite.Loretta Ruda, Kennesaw, Georgia
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 5 pounds pork butt or steak, trimmed
- 5 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- In a food processor, process pork until coarsely ground (or have your
- butcher grind the meat); place in a large bowl. Add marjoram, salt,
- garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Add water and mix well. Shape in
- into 20 patties, 4 in. each. Fry in a skillet over medium heat for
- 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Yield: 20 servings.
Editor's Note: Patties can be frozen. Sausage can also be stuffed into casings to make links.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 306 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.