Polish Sausage and Veggies Recipe
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage or smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the potatoes, sausage, onion, peppers and Cajun seasoning in oil and butter for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 373 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Polish Sausage and Veggies
"Loved this! Next time I think I will add more peppers. I used a previous reviewer's suggestion and cooked the potatoes in the microwave for 2 minutes before adding them to the pan. They were perfect!"
"My family LOVED this. The only changes I made was I chopped everything up added garlic an butter an seasonings, threw it in the oven covered for an hr. Definitely going to make this again."
"comfort food for sure! I've done something like this with sauerkraut."
"Good taste and easy to make."
"Imade this recipe for dinner tonight,My family loved it.,but the next time im going to add a sliced onion+half a container of sliced mushrooms to it.It just wasn't enough for 4 adult people.Delious"
"I have a suggestion re the potatoes. Give them about 2 minutes in the microwave before you dice them and put them into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Gives a nice head start on the cooking process. Doesn't change the taste at all. I make something very similar to this on a much smaller scale. One potato, 1/4 lb. of the meat, etc. Works great and is so quick and easy!"
"This was delicious although the cooking time was pretty much double to cook the potatoes. I will definitely make again."
"One our favorites.."
"Yes this recipe great my family enjoy it>"
"This is a recipe that my whole family loves. And, all the friends I've shared it with have asked for the recipe. It is easy enough that I have prepared it while camping! This is one recipe that I make again and again."