Polish Sausage and Veggies Recipe
From Chula Vista, California, Rita Kodet explains, “Looking for something different to prepare with Polish sausage, I created this entree one afternoon. My family liked it so well that I’ve made it time and again since.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage or Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the potatoes, sausage, onion, peppers and Cajun seasoning in oil and butter for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 373 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC