Polish Reuben Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Bavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds Polish sausage or Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Spread sauerkraut in a greased shallow 4-qt. baking dish. Top with noodles. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion and mustard; pour over the noodles. Top with sausage; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 341 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 827 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.