Polish Reuben Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Bavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds Polish sausage or Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Spread sauerkraut in a greased shallow 4-qt. baking dish. Top with noodles. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion and mustard; pour over the noodles. Top with sausage; sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Polish Reuben Casserole(5)
Sort By :
Made this for a family reunion (polish!) and had to email the recipe to several people afterwards. Came out very good!
A great comfort dish, easy to make and delicious!
I did add 2 cups of mushrooms just for a slight variation the second time I made it. It's a keeper recipe!! Thank you.
I prefer Bavarian sauerkraut,It is sweeter and most of the time it has caraway (not rye) seed in them.You hardly have to rinse it.Bush Bavarian Sauerkraut is the best.
I'm not sure but I do know there is a kind with rye seeds in it. I was raised on the 'plain' sauerkraut and once bought some that didn't quite look right when I went to cook it. It had rye seeds in it. Since I don't care for rye, of course it didn't taste good to me. Try both kinds if you aren't sure which one you like.
what is the difference with bavarian sauerkraut and any other kraut? anyone know?
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >