Polish Poultry Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Place on the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with sausage and chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 378 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,572 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Polish Poultry
"Is this recipe to be covered while baking, and is the kraut sour without rinseing it first?"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.