- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Place on the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with sausage and chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Polish Poultry in Country October/November 1992, p47
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Polish Poultry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012
"Is this recipe to be covered while baking, and is the kraut sour without rinseing it first?"
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2011