- aside. For cheese filling, combine ingredients and mix. Divide dough
- into three parts. On floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thick;
- cut into 3-in. rounds with cutter. Place a small spoonful of filling
- in center of each round; fold and press edges together firmly to
- seal. Drop pierogi in simmering chicken bouillon with 1 teaspoon
- oil. Do not crowd. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring gently with
- wooden spoon to prevent sticking. Remove with slotted spoon; drain
- well. Saute onion and butter until golden. Place drained pierogi in
- casserole and pour onion/butter mixture over all. Garnish with brown
- mushrooms. Yield: 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 175 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.