Polish Kraut and Apples Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage or Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage, cut up
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- Place half of the sauerkraut in an ungreased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with sausage, apples, brown sugar, caraway seeds if desired and pepper. Top with remaining sauerkraut. Pour apple juice over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Polish Kraut and Apples
Sort By :
"I made this with turkey bratwurst instead of Polish sausage, and Cranberry juice instead of apple juice. It came out wonderfully amazing."
"This is FABULOUS. I used Turkey Polish sausage to make it a bit healthier."
"I've made this many times as is the custom to eat sauerkraut on New Year's Day in my family! I'm not big on kraut but like this recipe."
"Simple and surprisingly delicious. I was trying different recipes after picking 33 lbs of apples. I can't wait to make this one again!"