When I first made this dish, my 2-year-old liked it so much that he wanted it for every meal! You can use most any pasta that will hold the sauce. —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage or Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions;
- drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sausage, soup,
- sauerkraut, 2 cups cheese, milk, onions, mustard and garlic.
- Spoon into two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes; sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until golden
- brown and bubbly.
- Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.